PES Legos and Literature Contest
- Build a LEGO creation that represents a character, setting, or any other feature from a favorite book.
- Students must use LEGO pieces from home and must create their LEGO display outside of school.
- Commercially-made characters may be used as part of a larger original literature-based LEGO display. (Ex.- a Harry Potter LEGO piece may be used, as long as it’s as part of a larger Hogwarts castle display that you create.)
- LEGO creations may be completed by individuals or groups of students.
- LEGO creations must fit on a base no larger than a 12" square.
- LEGO creations can be stationary or include movement.
- To enter a LEGO display, complete the entry form and turn it in to your teacher no later than Friday, May ?. Only the entry card needs to be turned in by ?. Actual LEGO displays will be brought to school media center on ? by 5:30PM.
- Print out a color copy of your book’s cover (from Amazon, Google images, etc.) and place it in the top-right corner of the entry form.
- LEGO creations will be on display the evening of May ?. All LEGO displays must be taken home on ? except for the 3 winning LEGO creations which will be displayed in the front office.
- The top three (3) LEGO displays will be selected by a panel of judges. Winning LEGO creators and their LEGO displays will be featured on the WPES Morning News show and presented with a special certificate! Winning displays will be chosen based on originality and creativity.
- Prizes: Three winners will be chosen to receive $25 worth of Book Bucks for the Fall Book Fair.
PES Legos and Literature Contest Scoring RubricEach category is worth 25 points for a total of 100. _______1. LEGO creation represented a character, setting, or any other feature from a favorite book. _______2. All directions were followed. _______3. Originality – Did the project represent a student’s original work? _______4. Creativity – Was the project thoughtful and creative in its presentation. ________ Total number of points. Judge’s Name and Comments: